Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Can you give me advice about these problems with menopause?

I am 45 years old and I'm already having severe hot flashes, I haven't had a period in 6 months (I've had a test by the doctor and I'm not pregnant), and there is emotional anxiety, etc. The doctor said I was in pre menopause, but 6 months with no period sounds like full blown menopause, doesn't it?





Also, what treatments has anyone tried?Can you give me advice about these problems with menopause?
Hot flashes and night sweats can begin 4 -5 years before you period completely ends.





Consider taking the herb Black Cohosh for the hot flashes. You can later add Damiana and Don Quai. Some companies make a combo pill to take, check with your local Health Food Store.





Most of my friends have hot flashes. I've been drinking non-gmo Soy Milk - at least a glass a week and don't have hot flashes like my friends.Can you give me advice about these problems with menopause?
you need to talk too your DR.


some people get hormone replacement
Hi


I suggest using hrt which will protect you against many long term health problems associated with menopause including depression, insomnia, raised cholesterol, reduced libido, incontinence, anxiety, arthritis, osteoporosis and flushes.


The odds of increased risk of breast cancer rise from 43 in 1000 women to 44 in 1000 women.


There is plenty of scare stories about hormone treatment. But I believe the benefits far outweigh the risks.I myself use bio identical hormone therapy which is tailored to my needs by my Endocrinologist.
Hi Bonnie D, you are right it sounds like a full blown menopause but even if it was pre menopause there's lots of Choices that the doctor could have


talk to u about and put u on some kind of medication for it my suggestion will be call ur doctor back ask for medication for ur hot flashes if denied ask them why but first they have to take a blood test and see where your hormones levels are, and base on the results a mild or strong medication will be given, Good luck


hope this Information will help
Bonnie, that sounds exactly like me! They don;t call it emnopause until it's been 1 year without a period. For me, all the major stuff came after my periods stopped. I'm doing Bio Identical Hormone Replacement and I feel much better, Hang in there!
I think you are going through menopause as you are showing the classic symptoms. Hot flushes and no period. The word ';menopause'; literally means the ';end of monthly cycles'; from the Greek words pausis (cessation) and the word root men (month).





There are heaps of products on the market. So don't feel like you have to put up with it. I have links to some products below. :)
Your doc is right that you are in premenaupause. Once you dont bleed at all in one year you will officially enter it. Regarding your problems i guess at the moment you should try to bear with them but in case you are unable to ask you doc bout it. He/she may give prescribe your hrt or hormone replacement therapy. But usually its given after full menaupause. Right now your body is going through changes in hormonal levels. Anyways consult your doc about it
My doctor did a blood test on me to check my hormone levels to determine if I was pre-menopausal or in menopause. You should ask your doctor to do the same.





There are hormone pills that will help but they come with risks and side effects. Ask your doctor which would be best for you.





(I have the night sweats that are awful so I feel your pain!)
Hi, I started menopause early too, but my doctor said every one is different but it could take a few years . I was very lucky I sailed right through with out any meds of any kind.Good Luck!
  • eye makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment