Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What is the best advice you were ever given? Did you follow it?

How's that workin out for ya?What is the best advice you were ever given? Did you follow it?
Get out and stay out of debt.





It worked great. I have no debts, am retired, and all my savings are now in fixed annuities (unaffected by the market). My living expense is about $1k a month and that includes property tax, insurance, utilities, food, and some traveling. My income from various sources is several times that and I don't have to work. Spoiling grand kids is great!What is the best advice you were ever given? Did you follow it?
Both my parents and teachers advised me against going into anything BUT Art, since I'd been in art since I was tiny and very virtuous at it. It all happened - this advice given to me, AND STRONGLY - when during the summer between my last High School year and my Freshman year in art-school, I wanted to work eternally for the phone company. Don't ask me why, I don't remember. But working for the phone company became an obsession my parents and teachers broke me out of!


Now that I look back I can understand why they needed to set my head (BACK) on the right track!





How did it work for me?


FABULOUSLY!!!
It was from a book called ';I Am That.'; By Sri Nasargedatta Maharaj. Yes, I have followed it but I had practiced it for years before it finally sank. :)





He said to stop looking for God outside of your own heart. If it is a Guru you seek, seek the Guru that lives within your own heart, and not one which is outside of yourself. In other words, the God within....';seek that.';





Also, ';you can't change the circumstances that surround you, but you CAN change your attitude about it.';





This has made all the difference in my own life all the way around. I dropped everything I had ever heard growing up and began from scratch with reference to God. That is when I began to have success. I can only speak for myself. Also, ';Love your enemy,'; was another great gift from Jesus. :)





There are several pieces of advice actually. ';Be the change you wish to see in the world.'; Gandhi...
I've been given lots of great advice from some very dear people.





But my favorite so far is, ';There is no right or wrong choice you can make, Larissa. So long as you learn from your mistakes.';





That and, ';Dude, if he drives a lambo, he's got a little d*ck. Don't fall for it.';






this is too hard... too much advice given troughout my whole life, so much that i dont even remember... but i hav, was very impressed with the one mentioned i the answer right above mine... ';be the change u want to see in the world'; thats just great... am gonna try and do that and ill let u know how it works out! :D:D
First thing that came to mind is the advice given by a good friend from here in R%26amp;S, in the form of a question:





What would you do if you weren't afraid?





Haven't completely followed it yet . . . kinda scared to (lol), but we'll see what happens.
';Never drink from the can you used as an ash tray.';





I try to follow it. There's nothing like a moutful of ash to keep you sniffing soda cans before you take a swig.





It works on metaphorical levels as well, so it makes me feel smart.
If given the choice between being a spectator or a participant, choose spectator every time.





It has kept me out of a lot of trouble over the years...
';Wear a condom';





They however failed to specify that only extra-safe trusted brand condoms comply with this advice





Also, do not ever sleep with a polish woman.
';If wisdom's ways you wisely seek,


Five things observe with care:


To whom you speak,


Of whom you speak,


And how, and when, and where.';





Its working out pretty good so far.
I would assume that the advice that had gotten the best results happens to be the ';best'; advice. I was told to live life, and love. I still have troubles doing this.
';Don't be moody.';





That's when I discovered that I'm just as contrary as my late mother -- she also tended to reject the best advice out of hand, simply because it annoyed her.
the seven p's...





proper, prior, planning, prevents, piss, poor, performance!





Works for everything!
If it looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck...it must be a duck.
Leave no room for anyone to talk ; ) And I try to follow it as best I can and you know what? No one can say anything bad about me, because I take care of my business! ha
';Never underestimate the importance of a good pair of gloves and hat.';
Theistic religion is nonsense, don't believe it. Yes.
To never give advice unless it has been asked for.





Whadda think?








Best regards.
Best advice ever, don't get a credit card and no I didn't listen.
Watch out for that trip wire.
Don't pick that. Nah.
if you pick at it, it won't heal.





surprisingly this applies to many things!
';Be who you are, not what others want you to be.';





God wanted me to be a subservient housewife.





No thank you.
it was to choose Life..and yes so far Im following ever time I breathe in and exhale and its going well thanks..
never sign a check your tush can't cash
to not believe in god.. because it is all made up. and its not real-thank you dad for the heads up

No comments:

Post a Comment