Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can you give me any advice to struggling with faith?

because i struggle really bad with my christianity because i am attracted to the same sex and i have a sailors mouth. i've asked go to take the sexuality away and sometimes it seems like he does but i will always be attracted to girls. i dont act upon them havent in a while but i still have impure thoughts and with the whole cussing i've asked for that too and it hasn't been lifted help me? i am struggling with my faith bad.Can you give me any advice to struggling with faith?
Your sexuality is not a sin. Having a sailor's mouth is rude, but unless you are taking God's name in vain, that's not a sin either.





All the clobber passages that fanatics bring out to condemn gay people, from Leviticus to Timothy, are talking about heterosexual people who have homosexual sex in the context of idol worship.





Of course Rush Limbaugh, Pat O'Reilly, and all the people who will give me thumbs down for saying that, don't want you to know that.





Being gay is not a sin. Hating yourself and the gifts God gave you is.Can you give me any advice to struggling with faith?
There is a book and DVD which might help.


';When you don't desire God' I think it has really practical advice


http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibra…





also ';when the darkness will not lift'; and some other books are here


http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibra…





a conference on sexuality is here on Sex and the Supremacy of God


http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibra…
Read the Bible dayly. Meditate on and study what you have read. Pray to Jehovah Everytime you have an impure thought or are about to cuss. He will help you and strengthen you.
Quit struggling and follow your bliss. If there were a god and he/she/it/they wanted you to be attracted to men, don't you think he/she/it/they could have finessed that?
God wants you to be YOU! He wants you to love who you are and who he created you to be. God wants you to live a life of faith NOT fear. God wants you to talk to him when you have made a mistake but he doesn't want you to beat yourself up for it continually. Give it to God and then let it go. God is love....you must love yourself for who you are, you are a sinner, but so is everyone else. Your homosexual cravings that you call sins are no worse than my heterosexual cravings that I call sins.





You must love yourself so that the Spirit can guide you to what is right and what is wrong. You can't do it by yourself, you need the help of the Spirit and the Spirit will awaken when you forgive yourself and love yourself for exactly who you are and know WITHOUT A DOUBT that if you are meant to be heterosexual that the Spirit will bring you there.





I used to be a swinger....I felt guilt about it, but finally I accepted that it was something that I was going to do in my relationship, it was a craving. I knew it was wrong and I tried to stay away but something kept bringing me back, finally I just put it in God's hands and loved myself even though I kept messing up. I trusted that God would bring me out of it, if it was meant to be and now....it has become a mutual agreement in my relationship that we don't enjoy the swinging anymore. We have run into other couples since deciding to leave the swinging lifestyle and God has always provided a way for us to be removed from the atmosphere. You have to love yourself, ask for forgiveness and forgive yourself....have faith...God will ALWAYS take care of things, put them right...and it will be in God's time...not necessarily when you feel it is the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment