Monday, August 23, 2010

What advice can you give to students with GPA of 2.7 entering their Senior year?

can thye still get into a really god school by graduation?What advice can you give to students with GPA of 2.7 entering their Senior year?
I think that you should not give up, if you truly want to go to a good school. I had a 2.8 in my junior year of my first semester, but that wasn't cumulative. I ended up with a 3.2, 3.5 weighted. I know it sounds really cliche, but really, don't give up. I don't regret where I am in my life right now, but I have thought that I seem to have had this attitude where I either wanted it all or nothing. because I wasn't getting a 4.0, I was like, forget this, and that might be why I had such a GPA of 2.8. I feel like I never wanted myself to be a failure, so I let myself not work as hard, to prove to myself that I was still smart, but that the only reason I had low grades was because I didn't work as hard. I have to say, that, you have nothing to lose by working hard, maybe your pride, which is good to lose anyway. People may or may not ask you what your GPA was back in high school, but I doubt they will ask you, ';How hard did you work in high school?'; You really have nothing to lose by working hard. It is pretty true, I don't want to say completely true, but where there's a will, there's a way.





I have to say though, that I did get into a four-year university my first year of college, and now I'm at a community college. When I left the four-year university to come to community college, I was pretty embarrassed when people asked me what school I went to. Now, though, I realize that this is really the place for me, and you'll find a lot of other people that go to community college too. I would never back in high school have wanted anyone to think I was going to community college, because I didn't want to seem poor. And plus, a subject I hated in high school is turning out to be a subject that I actually kind of like while I'm here.





So community college really isn't that bad. But if you do want to go to a four-year university, I would say, don't give up. If you really want to go, I knew a couple people that got into the four-year university I went to by ...I forgot what it's called, but if they don't take you the first time, you apply a second time. Not giving up and not having a defeatist attitude will help. (look at all these big words I know, although I learned defeatist from a movie)





I think that being interested in what you're learning and loving what you're learning will really help. Reading to understand, more than just trying to memorize for a test, will help you. Of course, sometimes memorizing might be what you need for a test, but still. I also think starting early for studying will help. I just finished some homework yesterday that I thought was due today, but turned out to be due next week. But in class, I understood what my professor was talking about. So, there's that: if you start early, you'll understand and probably get more out of lectures.





You really can still get into a pretty good school, I don't know how good is good for you, because what was sort of looked down upon at my high school was later received like, _____? that's good, from others who did not go to my high school. I think you should still have hope. You never know.What advice can you give to students with GPA of 2.7 entering their Senior year?
Practice this phrase:





';Would you like fries with that?';
yes..just make sure you get your GPA a lot higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment