Monday, August 23, 2010

What was the best advice given to you as a child, that helped you as you grew older?

something said that really impacted your life for the good.What was the best advice given to you as a child, that helped you as you grew older?
Try not to be so dramatic about every little thing. There are greater problems to think on as you grow older.What was the best advice given to you as a child, that helped you as you grew older?
Why do you care what the mean kids are saying about you? Do you actually value the opinion of people like that?
Do not allow your car to occupy space which contains matter.
Some of my best advice was, respect my elderlys,stay in school,don,t steal always aske for anything i want,telling the truth,responsabilities,never forget who i am,treat others the way i want to be treated,dont,t use drugs or drink,keep my bed room clean,ware nice clothes ,don,t be choicy,go to church,say my prayers every night,always help another person if they aske some good will come out of it and etc.
';You can accomplish whatever you put your mind to';. Also ';You'll never amount to anything.'; Someone told me that a lot and it made me do all that I could to prove them wrong. They said I'd never graduate high school.. I did with high honors. They said I'd never make it in college. I'm on the deans list.
my dad used to sing a song to me called have Patience. it goes like this:


have Patience


have Patience


don't be in such a hurry


if u don't have patience


ull be in such a worry!





that's always suck with me in the last 23 years.
if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all
do onto others what you want done onto you.
Do the best you can.
If you fail it's not the end
be respectful
When you know better, do better.


Live each day as if it were your last and you will have no regrets


A guilty conscience needs no accuser. (hated that one as a kid!)


No one like you was ever born, nor ever will be, but the same holds true for everyone else


Anything that is maintained by force is doomed.


You are not a creature of your circumstance, circumstances are the creatures of humans.


And, I think this comes from Shakespeare, There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so
Fall asleep laughing. Use it as your lullaby. Wake up laughing. Give it to spread to another.
';Always think of other people's feelings.';
treat others the way you want to be treated
Rudyard Kipling 's Poem ';If'; was posted on my bathroom wall next to toilet as I was growing up. It kind of served as a reflection and it still hangs in the same spot.


here it is ....


';If';


If you can keep your head when all about you


Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,


If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you


But make allowance for their doubting too,


If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,


Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,


Or being hated, don't give way to hating,


And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:





If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,


If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;


If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster


And treat those two impostors just the same;


If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken


Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,


Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,


And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:





If you can make one heap of all your winnings


And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,


And lose, and start again at your beginnings


And never breath a word about your loss;


If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew


To serve your turn long after they are gone,


And so hold on when there is nothing in you


Except the Will which says to them: ';Hold on!';





If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,


Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,


If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;


If all men count with you, but none too much,


If you can fill the unforgiving minute


With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,


Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,


And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!





--Rudyard Kipling
i grew up with a step mom, but she is the best, she has a very strong will about everything, i always look upto her. when she faces upstacles in life, she always has a positive outcome. seening that all my life has make me stronger when i moved on my own how to stand up for myself. my mom is my hero, i believe we can be anything we want to be, and put our mind to it, i seriously believe this, and to keep a positive attitude. i right away notice when someone talks negative how depressed the situation can get. i have some ants that talk always very negative, i sometimes think its funny how they get so involved in negativeness. i hope i have been to you of help, i dont know who im talking to, but stay cool. i dont want to offend you, but i believe in God, and praying helps me a lot, and fully trusting in God. God bless.
do not lie if, you lie you get more in too more trouble
The best thing my mom ever said to me was lying about something was worse than what I actually did.
The only thing I can control is myself. I can't make anyone do anything they don't want to do.
My father used to tell me ';Paper or Plastic?'; all of the time if I brought home an average grade. He told me that those kids who got B's and C's would end up working as a grocery bagger. Obviously, this isn't true, but at 7 years old, it instilled a sort of challenge for me. I knew that I didn't want to be that when I grew up, so I worked really hard in school and today, graduated with chemistry degree w/honors and I'm currently in med school
don't go through today worrying about yesterday always move forward.
I truly believe it is not always what we say but what to do ro how we react actions speak louder the words and I had a wonderful role model of a mom strong determined and never letting obstacles get in her way never making excuses and just pressing on.


Knowing i was loved and important gave me a good self worth and self esteem which helped as a teen


My Father always empowered me saying only you can decide what is best for you. You are the one who lives with the consequences of your choices (decision\actions whatever fit) Never telling me not to listen to friends but making me decide what was best for me helped me think more about my choices. He would say only Sandra knows whats best for Sandra.


I try to pass that on to my girls.
Always have open, honest communication with your loved one, friends, etc.
Trust your instinct. Follow you heart. And remember if you fall there will always be one person there to help you up. You.
Never talk to strangers, and practice makes perfect I think are the 2 that have stuck with me through life.
Treat people the way you want to be treated and if it's your birthday and you have a birthday party when your opening gifts and If you don't like a gift still act like you like it .
';Just be friends with the boys first Amanda, they will like you later on!';
Never do anything you cant tell your mother
I had lots of good advice but the best advice wuz: Success comes in manny disguises which means say if your success is in a pair of overalls. Then you wouldn't know it because it means you have to WORK for it and not expected it to just be handed to you
My friend said her dad told her she could be whatever she wanted, but to be the best at that that she could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment