Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can you give me practical advice for tommorow?

I have a job interview tommorow the position is working with children which I love and enjoy.





Can you give me some practical advice for tommorow? What to wear, how I should answer questions, any thing you can think of would be a great help, thanks e4gCan you give me practical advice for tommorow?
Dress casual but neat...NO sexy skin...low heels.


Hair neat and out of your face. I mean REALLY out of your face. Your interviewer wants to look you in the eye.


Answer questions honestly and don't add a lot of extra stuff....just the facts ma'am.


Let your love of children show in your attitude. Don't act like you are doing these people a favor by applying for this job.Can you give me practical advice for tommorow?
By now you have gotten the basics of how to dress for the interview from other people who answered your question. I would just suggest that let the interviewee FINISH their question before you begin to answer. If they ask you to name a weakness, then don't reply by saying ';I don't have any'; because the truth is we all do. So a better answer is ';My weakness is ____, but its because I haven't been given the opportunity to build my strength so I'm hoping you will give me that opportunity.'; Basically turn all negatives into a positive. Also if there is a font desk receptionist, then be sure that your nice to him/her and ask questions to that person about the company, not RANDOM questions. From my experience, the interviewee usually comes back to the receptionist to ask them their opionion of you as to when you arrived and what diaglog took place between the two. Also when the interview ends, if the person does not tell you when you can expect to hear from them, then nicely ask them.
Wear something dressy/casual. No jeans or short skirts. Make eye contact when you answer questions. Give honest short answers. Send a letter afterwards thanking them for the interview. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment