Monday, August 23, 2010

I want to get off of antidepressants, do you have any advice?

I am currently taking antidepressants, and they have made me feel better, not completely though. I want to feel normal and happy. I know people change will say that maybe I should my meds or dosage. But I don't want to have to take meds. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.I want to get off of antidepressants, do you have any advice?
I feel you are thinking positively and it is heartening to inform you that you have a will to get out of it . But what you need to consider is how will a sudden discontinuation will involve you in withdrawl effects ? i feel your strategy should be first to complete a mandatory period of medication , which should conform to category of your depression . How ever focus on possitive out look and get support of friends and family . Follow 4 steps to happiness viz _ take responsibility for your happiness ,express gratitude for what you have , practice random acts of kindness and smile . wishing you a happy life I want to get off of antidepressants, do you have any advice?
Stop being depressed.
Pray. Pray. Pray.





But also see your doctor.
Me: The only safe way is to have your doctor design a dosage-reduction program over a period of time so you can 'wean' off the antidepressant. If you suddenly stop taking it you risk nasty withdrawal problems. Luckily there are really good drug-free alternatives to antidepressants now. I use one called Panicyl which works great. Hope this helps! Good luck. -OP
If your bad enough to need to be on antidepressants. How do you think being on nothing at all will make you feel. If you are unhappy with your meds. Talk to your Doctor. Remember It's NOT normal to be happy 24/7. It's normal to feel ALL feelings!
You should very gradually stop taking your medication. Key Word: gradually. Do not suddenly stop taking all your anti-depressants at once, you will have very bad side effects. Talk to your psychiatrist about your plan. Usually it is a good idea to slowly decrease your dosage until you stop taking them altogether.
I take Wellbutrin SR (150 mg) in the morning, and Lexapro (10 mg) in the evening, for depression and anxiety. I've been taking that for over a year and a half, and it's working very well for me.





These are relatively low doses of each medication - which keeps the side effects to a minimum.





The reason I'm on these two is it makes me feel the ';closest to normal'; without any outward feeling from the medications. I feel really good!!





Before you give up on the anti-depressants, you might talk with your doctor about trying something different. If you just stop taking them, you could put yourself back into depression or anxiety (if that's why you're taking them).
The choice isn't between medication and happiness; it's between medication and depression.





If you stop the medication, it's highly likely that you will become depressed again.





Speak to your doctor before making any decision.
Ask your doctor !
you should try a daily or weekly exercise routine, walking/running/swimming work out at a gym.
i am the same way. all i can is surround yourself with friends and be more outgoing. do some random funs things that make you happy. sometimes you start thinking positive when you see the value of things.
I'm on antidepressants as well you really need to talk to your doctor about this because you can't just stop taking them they have to ease you off of them and there are all sorts of complications that can come along when you do stop so please speak to your doctor. If your doctor tells you how to stop taking them and you do the you should go see a therapist specializing in cognitive therapy. Try finding the feeling good handbook by David D. Burns,MD. Cognitive therapy helps you overcome depression without medication but it takes time.
can you tell your doctor
I recommend regular daily exercise such as walking briskly, maybe a heavy-hands approach. Also, start supplementing with Omega 3 fish-oil supplements.





Best of luck.
you need to stay on them think about it your on them for a reason and if there helping a little bit well thats good all you might have to do is have your doctor up the dose a little bit. Believe me you dont wan to go off them and on your on you'll get really depressed see to many people think oh there helping so I will stop taking them that cant happen you ahve to stay on them believe me Iv been there and just do the right thing and good luck to you...
  • eye makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment