Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can you give me some useful advice for a math exam I will be taking tomorrow?

Please! I need some good stimulating advice.I've been practicing for so long. I'm very nervous and I want to to get rid of all this adrenaline I have inside me and the exam is in 12 1/2 hours from now. The most thoughtful response will receive the points. Thank you ! :)Can you give me some useful advice for a math exam I will be taking tomorrow?
Hi,


My advice is believe in yourself %26amp; your abilities and just TRY to do your best!!!Go to bed early and if u are of my age then go out to play or do yoga. Don't cut necessary sleep.IMPORTANT-After solving question put a tick mark against the question u have solved.This will ensure that u to attempt all questions coz we sometimes leave some questions in haste due to which we lose marks. And at last pray to the Almighty to grant u success.Can you give me some useful advice for a math exam I will be taking tomorrow?
Get some rest so that you can wake up relaxed and with enough energy to take the exam also eat a balanced breakfast. You shouldn't be nervous believe in yourself. Especially since you have been practicing. Just relax and take your time because the worse mistakes are the careless ones.
When you are allowed to read through the exam without wirting anything, mark with your thumbnail any obvious answers in Multiple choice. That will save you time later.





Leave the rest of the multiple choice for the end of the exam. Then if you run out of time, you have not waisted time on small questions, and you can guess answers there in 2 short minutes.





Put your watch on the desk where you can see it. Work out (during reading time) how much time each question is worth. (eg. Exam goes for 60 mins. The exam is out of 100 points. So each 10 point question should only be given 6 minutes to do. A 5 point question should last 3 minutes - otherwise you will run out of time)


That helps when you hit a problem you can't do. Instead of waisting time on it, you give it a try for those minutes, then move onto the next question. If you finish the others quicker, you have time to go back and try again when you are not frustrated.





Hope that helps. Good luck in your exam
As long as you have been practicing, you will do fine. I was super worried about my math exam (I had a horrible teacher and it was Advanced Algebra 2 and Trigonometry) and I had low Bs on all the tests; I practiced for 5 hours over a few days and I made 100. Just get a good night's sleep and make sure you have everything you need to do your best. Good Luck!!
staying up all night studying for the test is usually not a good idea unless you're still clueless on what you're being tested on. getting a good nights rest the night before the test is much more helpful
One of the best advice I have ever encountered a history teacher taught, which applies to all my subjects, is that you need a good night rest before an exam. It is not worth it to pull an all-nighter (staying up all night studying), because your mind wouldn't function at its best. As ready as you are, I don't think you need to worry if you've been practicing for so long. Just rest your mind and you should do fine. Rest well.
As people have said you have done what it takes, get a good rest. Also right before you take the test say 5 positve things to your self that you believe, i.e. I studied hard, I am good at Math, etc, trust me it will help you do better.
Ok heres my advice...


1. Don't have a cram session. You've obviously worked really hard for this and if you don't know the info by now...then you never will have enough experience for that particular question.


2. Sit crosslegged in a cosy room listening to slow, smooth music


3. Go to a perfume shop and test out different fragrences...I'm not kidding lol Smelling something thats really nice calms alot of people down and lowers adrenaline.





Hope this helps, good luck in your exam!! I'm sure you'll do great! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment