Saturday, July 31, 2010

Job Title for my resume. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

I am currently working as a Graduate Assistant. My priority duty is to assist the chair person in the department. I will graduate in May. I am now applying for another jobs.





In my resume--I want to title myself as An Assistant to the Chair instead of A Graduate Assistant because the future employers will have a better understanding of my roles and responsibilities.





What do you think? Thank you.





Sorry, English is my second language.Job Title for my resume. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Graduate Assistant would be the better of two. When they look they see a fresh face willing to learn and grow with the company.


The title also shows intuitive for assisting the Chair.Job Title for my resume. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
You could be a bit innovative and title your resume along the lines of ';Executive Assistant to the Chair..'; and go on to highlight your key milestones of your experience and achievements and skill-sets.
I would write ';Graduate assistant'; as your title, since that is what you are officially. But in the bullet points underneath, describe the job as ';assist chair with copying/phones/whatever';

No comments:

Post a Comment