Saturday, July 31, 2010

Please could you give me some advice on how to deal with Obcessive Complusive Disorder?

My son who is 13 has OCD and imagines that if he looks in a window he will lose his skill at playing footballPlease could you give me some advice on how to deal with Obcessive Complusive Disorder?
Actually it's Obsessive





You spelled it wrong :] And before you get mad, I have OCD.





The best you can do is work around his OCD and fears.


When he's older, get him tested for ADHD, Tourette's Syndrome and Bi-Polar disorder. All these seem to run together.





But as I said, you have to work around them and ease him to lose his compulsions. Like I have to stack things into size order or I have panic attacks, sometimes I let a paper or two stay out to try to ignore it, I'm trying to ease myself from my compulsions.Please could you give me some advice on how to deal with Obcessive Complusive Disorder?
i have it..and that seems like more or less of a supersticious belief rather than ocd. tell him that whatever bothers him only he can control. its in his head and he needs to work on ways to figure it out. it makes it less stressful and easier. hope that helped

No comments:

Post a Comment