Thursday, July 29, 2010

What is the best piece of advice you got from your wise old grandma or grandpa? The worst?

Treat others with respectWhat is the best piece of advice you got from your wise old grandma or grandpa? The worst?
When my Granpa was on his death bed and wasn't expected to make it through the night, he pulled out an antique pocket watch and said he's always wanted me to have it. After he sold it to me, he said, ';Alwyas look for the beauty in everything';.





I'd have to say that was his best advice.What is the best piece of advice you got from your wise old grandma or grandpa? The worst?
My grandpa used to give my brother and me $20 at at time --slip it to us, and tell us not to tell our parents! Woo Hoo! He'd always say ';Don't spend it all in one place!'; And I always remember that when I have extra cash, to be sure to save some in case I need it or want to spend it on something else!
';let people know how you feel, if you don't you might not have the chance later';. Best advice ever. - and then she also told me to





';love with your whole heart, not just piece of it.';
I didn't have any grandparents, but I did have LOTS of aunts %26amp; uncles..so, the best? ';Buy land, 'cause they aren't making any more of it.,'; my Uncle Charlie. ';Be kind to all you meet ';, Aunt Mary. I never got any bad advice from any of them.
My grandmother used to say '; You can live in hope even if you die in despair.';
To never own a credit card... he said that was his only wish. So I have never owned one, and after hearing about all my friends having debt from those.... I am SO happy he said that!
Work hard and have faith. You will get whatever you want...

No comments:

Post a Comment